Date(s) - Jun 15, 2019
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
GenNext is excited to announce our 8th Annual Day of Caring on Saturday, June 15, 2019!
Day of Caring is a one-day event that brings together dedicated individuals and local not-for-profit organizations for a fun day of volunteering to benefit our community!
We encourage our volunteers to leave their wallets at home and instead donate their time and skills to help complete projects for local not-for-profit organizations who need our help.
Past projects have included jobs such as cleaning up neighbourhoods, gardening, painting (inside and out), cleaning up offices, moving equipment or furniture, volunteering at special events/client service projects, helping to prepare meals, and more.
LOOKING TO VOLUNTEER?
With several different projects, we have a great need for volunteers with different types of skills.
Join as an individual, or as a team with family, friends or co-workers. Participating as a business provides you with a unique team-building and community engagement opportunity for your employees. Past volunteers have enjoyed getting their hands dirty and being able to see the results of their efforts right away.
Day of Caring is a great way to connect with new people, as well as getting to know your existing team members even better! Many volunteers feel a sense of pride and accomplishment when they are able to make such a difference and impact for local organizations that need help.
Volunteers are matched to projects based on skills, group size, and general interest. The week leading up the event, you will receive more information about your team members, which project site you will be at, and what to expect on the day of the event.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU’RE A DAY OF CARING VOLUNTEER?
Let us fill you in on what you can expect during the big day.
- (8:30 am) Registration & Welcome
- (9:00 am – 10:00 am) Orientation Breakfast – Enjoy a hot breakfast, meet your team & grab your T-shirts and team registration package
- (10:00 am) Go Time! Meet at the project site & begin projects
- Beverage Break – We’ve got you covered! As an added pick me up, we’ll be providing coffee!
- (12:00 pm- 1:00 pm) Lunch – Take a break from your hard work and enjoy some delicious pizza.
- (1:00 pm- 3:00 pm) Project completion – Take a step back and admire your completed projects.
If you’re interested, please complete the “Click to Volunteer” form below OR simply click this provided link to our registration page: Day of Caring Link