Date(s) - Oct 11, 2017 - Mar 31, 2018
We are seeking Leadership Volunteers for the Heart & Stroke Canvass!
The Heart & Stroke Canvass is a fundraising campaign that raises funds for research and shares life-saving health information with Canadians, through the help of 90,000 volunteers.
Heart disease and stroke takes a Canadian life every 7 minutes. We invite YOU to join the campaign to help protect the lives of neighbours, friends and family.
Volunteer Role: CAPTAIN Location: Thunder Bay
Your Time Commitment: Approximately 15 hours from October to March 2018
Responsibilities: Overall Roll: You will lead a team of approximately 10 volunteer Canvassers in your community!
- BUILD your team via phone or email, if you are up for the challenge!
- MOTIVATE your team
- MANAGE canvasser kit delivery and pick-up
- THANK your team!
- Enjoy interacting with people
- Comfortable leading
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Willing to ask for donations in person and online
Benefits of volunteering:
- Opportunity to develop and use leadership, interpersonal and fundraising skills
- Meet like-minded people in your community and share stories
- Help neighbours, friends and family to learn lifesaving health information
We are looking for volunteers of all ages: Youth (Ages 13-17), Adult (Ages 18+) and Family (All ages)
You can volunteer through Volunteer Thunder Bay or contact the Heart and Stroke Foundation, Thunder Bay Office
- Lisa Vescio, Area & Program Administrator 807-623-1118 ext. 4339 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be expected to attend Captain group meeting in November and the Heart Rally canvasser information session in January 2018
Bookings are closed for this event.