Date(s) - Oct 11, 2017 - Mar 31, 2018
We are seeking Canvass Support Volunteers for our Heart & Stroke Canvass!
The Heart & Stroke Canvass is a fundraising campaign that raises funds for research and shares life-saving health information with Canadians, through the help of 90,000 volunteers
Heart disease and stroke takes a Canadian life every 7 minutes. We invite YOU to join our campaign to help protect the lives of our neighbours, friends and family.
Volunteer Role: CANVASS SUPPORT VOLUNTEER Location: Thunder Bay
Your time commitment: 4-6 hours during the months of October to January 2018
Responsibilities – Volunteers will have the opportunity to do all or some of the following:
- Assemble kits for volunteer Canvassers
- Assist at a Canvassers training event in January
- Phone Canvassers to offer support and provide information
- Deliver Canvasser Kits in late January
- Pick up Canvasser Kits and help at kit return events in March
- Count and record donations
- Enter details in computer
Skills/Attributes – Depending on the volunteer tasks:
- Comfortable interacting with people in person and by phone
- Able to use Excel (for data entry)
- Access to a car for Canvasser Kit delivery and pick-up
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Helping to save lives by being involved in a large fundraising compaign
- Opportunity to develop and use interpersonal skills
- Meet like-minded people in your community
We are looking for volunteers of various ages – Youth (Ages 13-17), Adult (Ages 18+) and Family (All ages)
Volunteers will be expected to attend orientation sessions at our office.
Register through Volunteer Thunder Bay or Contact the Heart and Stroke Foundation, Thunder Bay Office:
- Lisa Vescio, Area & Program Administrator – 807-623-1118 ext. 4339 or email email@example.com
Bookings are closed for this event.