Date(s) - Jul 15, 2019 - Sep 20, 2019
At Hospice Northwest, you are not alone.
Training programs commence in Thunder Bay and Region this fall.
Deadline for application: September 20, 2019.
Hospice Northwest offers support and companionship to clients and their families in Thunder Bay and Region in locations such as private homes, long-term care and hospitals. Our caring volunteers are there for you, wherever you are, as you face the difficult challenges along life’s way. Volunteers are also needed to support individuals living with dementia and to be compassionate listeners for persons grieving the loss of a loved one.
Once your application has been reviewed, our Manager of Client and Volunteer Services will contact you and schedule an introductory interview. Your hospice volunteer training sessions will begin after you are accepted into the hospice volunteer program. After completing the training course, you will be matched with clients and you will become their companion during their journey through illness. Your location, interests and time requirements are carefully considered when matching you with a client. The emotional support you provide clients will help enhance their quality of life and help them live life to the fullest.
Not everyone who completes the training will go on to become a Hospice Northwest volunteer. However, once you have completed your hospice volunteer training, you will have a valuable life skill that you can apply to all areas of your life.
Hospice volunteers are required to adhere to the following:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be willing to complete a criminal reference check
- Must be willing to complete the volunteer training program
- Must provide 2 personal references
- Must be able to commit a period of time to hospice volunteering (eg. 3 hours each week for at least one year) following completion of our volunteer training program
- Must be available to meet with the Hospice Northwest staff for support, supervision and on-going education
- Must display palliative care traits that include being compassionate, non-judgmental, accepting, self-confident and sensitive to others’ needs
Want to join our team and be a part of our story? Sign up, by completing the “Click to Volunteer” form below.
For more information, call (807) 626-5570 or visit our website at www.hospicenorthwest.ca
Email inquiries to Wendi Ignace at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bookings are closed for this event.