Date(s) - Mar 7, 2019 - Aug 31, 2019
“The best gift you can give someone is making their Wish come true.”
Volunteers give the most valuable gift of all – their time. Their hard work, passion and commitment to giving children a life-changing wish experience make them the heart and soul of our foundation. As a volunteer, you’ll transform the lives of many children – and your own.
Make-A-Wish wouldn’t be able to fulfil the wishes of children if it wasn’t for our loyal and dedicated volunteers across Canada. We always welcome new volunteers who have the same passion and commitment to seeing kids’ wishes fulfilled as we do.
We are currently looking for individuals, preferably ages 18 or above, to join our Wish Granter Volunteering team.
Some of the Major Duties & Commitments include:
- The average wish requires between 20-25 hours of volunteer work over a span of about six months to a
year. Each wish can vary greatly in the time it takes to grant depending on the requested wish and wish
- Agree to work on a minimum of two wishes per year.
- Partner with at least one other volunteer wish granter to help grant the wishes of children throughout the
- Visit the wish child, with the goal of discerning his/her one true wish, while gaining a clear understanding
of the reason behind the child’s most heartfelt wish.
- Plan a “send-off” party or “presentation” party for each wish, as appropriate.
- Create a magical wish experience for the wish child by planning and delivering “wish enhancements” –
special, creative touches that keep the child excited about the wish throughout the process.
- Location of Opportunity
Meetings may take place at the wish family’s home or at a neutral location, such as a restaurant or hospital.
Typically, wish meetings are scheduled for weekday evenings or weekends based upon the schedules of the wish
team and wish family. Departure parties may be planned for the wish family’s home or a nearby venue/restaurant.
Please be advised to read the copy of the position description using the provided link below:
Wish Granter Position Description-converted
If you’re interested in volunteering with Make-A-Wish, please fill out the “Click to Volunteer” form below and our Volunteer Coordinator will be in contact.
To learn more about the opportunities in your area, contact Karen Kwapien at (416) 224-9474 or email@example.com
Bookings are closed for this event.