Date(s) - Jun 11, 2018 - Jul 31, 2018
Volunteers needed: The former Wilderness Discovery Handi-Capable Centre in Shebandowan is being upgraded in preparation for re-opening. The project is supported by local service clubs.
Volunteer help is urgently required to complete the many tasks that have been identified. This work cannot be done without the assistance of dedicated volunteers and lots of them.
A variety of skills are required. There is plenty of work for volunteers who can prepare cabins and work around the property, taking inventory, organizing shelving, ensuring the safety of others. There are also opportunities for those who can contribute skills in building projects and upgrading facilities.
Come out for the day or stay overnight. The Camp is located at 53 Barred Owl road Lake Shebandowan.
Please see the following tasks to hopefully be completed this weekend June 16/17
- Install new door on power shed. 2 people approx 3 hrs
- Move wall & water heater in cabin 2 2 people. Approx 4 hours
- Make new ramp from new stairs to apartment 6. 2 people. Approx 4 hours
- Replace damaged boards on ramp to the lake. 2 people 4 hours
- Paint ceiling in cabin 5 Ken West, Jennifer & Linda
- Remove windows in cabins 1 & 3… Re frame as required 4 people required
- Hook up laundry sink 1 person require
- Install beam cabin# 3. 4 people required Chop saws, skill saws, screw guns , hammers, framing squares, tape measures, saws, awls & end grinders
You can volunteer by clicking “Click to Volunteer” below, direct by phone 807-346-9722, email Joan Krisko – email@example.com for additional information, or by visiting their Facebook page by clicking here Wilderness Discovery