Date(s) - Feb 12, 2020 - Jun 30, 2020
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Community Classroom Volunteer:
Community Classrooms act as a kind of one-to-one tutoring for learners who may have difficulty getting to our centre, or prefer to work at another location. The locations and times are set, and you would meet there to work. The two currently locations are a more structured learning environment where you will be matched with the same one or two people to assist with their work (much like a classroom volunteer in our learning centre). The locations are:
Forensic Mental Health (Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre)
Roots to Harvest
You would be assisting learners with a variety of work, depending on what skills they needed. Most of the learners will be working towards their OSSD at the two current locations.
Times and Location
- The times and locations for the Community Classrooms are set and we require a 6 month commitment to volunteering.
- Attend a tutor training session and interview
- Commit to volunteering for a minimum of six months
- Be a friendly, positive guide to help your learner reach his/her goals
- Travel to the meeting locations
- Submit monthly session reports and demonstrate learner progress (for those tutoring outside of our classes)
- Basic literacy and/or numeracy skills
- Friendly, caring and respectful attitude (all learners are adults and should be treated as such)
- Patience and understanding
- Ability to follow instruction as well as work independentlyPlease complete the “Click to Volunteer” form below for more information.