Date(s) - Aug 15, 2017 - Dec 31, 2021
Frontier College is a national literacy organization. We believe literacy is a right. We work with volunteers and community partners to give people the skills and confidence they need to reach their potential and contribute to society.
We are looking for volunteer tutors who:
• Bring a passion for learning
• Are flexible and dependable
• Are patient and open-minded
• Can make a commitment to volunteering 1-2 hours per week
As a Frontier College volunteer you can look forward to assisting a child, youth or adult with increasing their skills through reading, writing and fun literacy/numeracy activities.
Why Volunteer with Frontier College?
• Give back to your community and improve the lives of others
• Gain valuable experience and learn new skills
• Share your literacy and numeracy skills with others
• The chance to meet new people and make new friends
Volunteering with Frontier College means that you will be helping other Canadians build literacy and numeracy skills which increases their confidence, self-esteem and opportunities for the future.
Volunteers are the reason for our success! Yearly, volunteers give over 50, 000 hours to our programs.
How to become a volunteer tutor:
- By choosing to volunteer for Frontier College, you’ll be required to fill the application form below and your contact information will be forwarded to the College representatives.
They will contact you with further information specific to their volunteer process – Interview, references and screening process (Police Vulnerable Sector Check).
- Commit to 1-2 hours per week.
- Receive training and ongoing support from Frontier College staff**Daytime, evening and weekend volunteering opportunities available.**
Please fill and submit the form below; “Click to Volunteer”.
For more information check our Frontier College’s YouTube video: VIDEO